Last modified: May 1, 2022
You agree that your access to and use of the Services is governed by our Privacy Statement.
Information We Collect
We collect information you provide to us when you register for our Services, use our Services to manage your business, communicate to us through email or marketing campaigns or respond to our surveys. In particular, we collect:
- Registration Information: To access and use our Services, you must register and create an account (“Account”), providing us with certain personal information such as your full name, phone number(s), address, email address(es) and password. We also collect other non-personal business information during registration, such as your business name, business phone number and business email address.
- Contact information: We provide Services that enable you to enter and manage contact information about your clients that you provide to us (“Your Contacts”). Contact information contains information on individuals or businesses, including names, email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, notes and other information that you provide.
- User content: When using the Service, we collect any notes that you may enter into the application.
- Communication information: If you contact us with questions, feedback or respond to any of our surveys, we may collect information such as your name, phone number, email address as well as any content you may provide.
- Usage data: Activity information about your use of our sites and applications
- Payment Information: Some of our Services require payment. We may use a third-party service, such as Stripe, to collect all information necessary to complete the transaction. We never share your billing and payment information.
We do not collect any sensitive information nor any information about you from any third-party sources.
How We Use Your Personal Information
ShingleHanger is the Data Controller for your personal information that is stored in your Account, and as such, is responsible for and may use your information for the purposes described in this policy. When we process your personal data, we will do so only for the following reasons:
- To register for the Service and create an account, including to send email to you to verify ownership of the email address provided when your Account was created
- To authenticate your account
- To provide you with map functions and driving directions based on your general location.
- To communicate with you about your Account or changes to our policy
- To send you information about ShingleHanger or request feedback about features on our websites and applications
- To provide you with customer support and respond to your questions
- To send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products or services. You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communication by following the unsubscribe instructions in each email.
- To improve our sites, applications and Services
- To comply with our legal obligations and applicable laws, such as to respond to subpoenas
Sharing your Information
We will not share your personal information with a third party except under limited circumstances, such as:
- We may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets.
- In connection with the sale of a business, to enforce our Terms of Services, to protect our rights and property, to comply with legal processes or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law
Links to Third Party Web Sites
Data Security and Integrity
The security of your personal information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment to help protect it against unauthorized access, loss, destruction or alteration.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. Never give out your email user id or password for the Service to a third party.
We retain your information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the Services to you and to comply with our legal obligations. You may request that we delete your information and close your Account. Note that if you request deletion of your information, we may retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
You Must be eighteen (18) years or older to use our website or app. ShingleHanger does not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Services from a child under 18 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
For Users Outside of the United States
Our Services are hosted in the United States. If you are a user of our Services from outside of the United States, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be processed in the United States or transferred to other locations where privacy laws may be less stringent than those in your country of residence. Through your continued use of the Services, you consent to such transfer and to have your data processed in the United States.