As a side hustler or gig worker, chances are pretty good you might be dealing with some level of stress. Juggling more than one job, or being in school and having a job, or taking care of a family and having a side hustle (or more than one), can all add up to some serious stress.
We think that using ShingleHanger will help you better manage your business and that should help relieve some of the stress, but here are some more things you can do to make sure you stay healthy and happy.
This excerpt below is part of a longer article from the Conference Associates, Inc.
No one can completely avoid stress, however there are plenty of ways to cope with stress in a healthy manner.
Feeling emotional and nervous or having trouble sleeping and eating can all be normal reactions to stress. Here are some healthy ways you can deal with stress:*
- Take care of yourself.
- Eat healthy, well-balanced meals
- Exercise on a regular basis (can be just a 30 minute walk!)
- Get plenty of sleep
- Give yourself a break if you feel stressed out
- Talk to others. Share your problems and how you are feeling and coping with a parent, friend, counselor, or doctor.
- Avoid drugs and alcohol. These may seem to help, but they can create additional problems and increase the stress you are already feeling.
- Recognize when you need more help. If problems continue, talk to a psychologist, social worker, or professional counselor.
Since stress is an unavoidable part being human, it’s important to find a coping mechanism that works for you. Once you’ve figured out the best way to personally manage your stress, you’ll be on your way to a happier, healthier life.